Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pitch Notes

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to view my presentation here today. (Bow.)
I have an idea here (whip sheet off of easel) that could make us all very wealthy! (Make money-grubbing motion with fingers.)

I have the hot new program that will appeal to adults, teens, and child-to-tween viewers. Crossover appeal is the next big untapped market in the television reservoir and we can harness it, also we could put episodes for download on iTunes.

What does "the Office" have in common for viewers? Everyone has a job, except kids, so everyone who isn't a kid can relate to it. What does "Sesame Street" have in common for kids? Kids learn all day at school, so they are used to learning when they get home, they even have to do homework. It couldn't be more clear! Learning is a job for children! Teens learn and have jobs so they will be especially hit hard by our show which combines the two! (Whip sheet off of easel.)

"FUN MUSEUM" is an hour of dramatic and comedic television that combines a workplace scenario at an institution of learning! And I even really worked at a museum so I CAN WRITE IT FOR YOU.

The main characters are:

AMANDA - an adorable but scatterbrained teen waitress who works in the Museum coffee shop but dreams of being a major star!

TED - The dinosaur bone expert is a nerdy but funny teen who is good at his job but can't get AMANDA to notice him.

MR. PEABODY - The museum director who seems to care only about money and his catch-phrase ("I want to see 10 times the foot traffic!") but really has a nice heart and would help TED however he can. TED maybe is poor, too.

RAUOUL - An immigrant who cares only about money, and idolizes Mr. Peabody.

DR. STEVENS - the red-haired female head of the paleontology department who will become very important by season two!

TAMARA - An elementary school tween who comes to the museum every day and is always in the way.

The core of the show is a very simple tension between Ted Sherman and Amanda Robbins. But meanwhile there is also raucous comedy, like the time that really happened to me where someone brought a dog into the museum! I said "OK" but then my boss (The real-life Mr. Peabody? I'll never say!) told me it might bite someone and drive down foot traffic. So I had to go find it! This could be a running gag. Or what if there's one where they think the museum might close and there has to be a fund-raising concert! Ted could play a song to Amanda!

Thank you for your time, I'll leave these photocopies. (Pass out photocopies.) My e-mail is on the back.

TOTAL TIME: 13 minutes.

No comments: