Monday, May 7, 2007

Meet the Beagles

I've wanted a dog for quite some time, but the way people have been getting them is so stupid. I don't just want to take any dog from the shelter, because they all pretend they like you just so they can go home (I've seen 101 Dalmatians). What I want is for one of my neighbor's dogs to prove it likes me more by coming to live with me. I don't go outside much anymore so I've thought of a really ingenious way for the dogs to start meeting with me. I installed a doggie door in my front door so that dogs can come in whenever they please.

Then I got worried that the dogs might not find me once they were inside. (My house is pretty big and the TV is usually on, so I might not hear them either lol)! I was leaving dog treats like Baconlins or whatever on the floor in a trail to where I was, but I kept getting up to get snacks (for myself!) and to go to the bathroom or go to bed, and it was a pain to make a new trail of dog treats every time. (Not all of them had to be moved every time, just some, but it was still a pain.)

So I put a long strip of duct tape with the treats stuck on at intervals and now I can just carry the end with me wherever I go in my house (Not all the way into the tub though lol)! At first I was maybe a little scared that dogs might try to eat the whole strip of tape like a spaghetti noodle (I've seen Lady and the Tramp) but then I knew that smaller dogs would have mouths too small for that, and bigger dogs would probably know better.

I'll let you know what dogs come a callin'!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Haha, this was *great!* I loved it.